2018 WESTBRED® SEED SUPPLIER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The 2018 WestBred Seed Supplier Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins May 21, 2018 and ends on June 29, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm Central Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s internal business computer will be the official clock of this Sweepstakes.
1. Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes. You agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and you agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by Sponsor, or its designee. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
2. Eligibility. Open to WestBred seed suppliers residing and working in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, or Wyoming who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of residence.
Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible person can enter by completing the online feedback survey accessible at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QFQTYZT, answering at least 50% of the questions, and providing his or her contact information when prompted. Each person may only complete one Survey.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any entry. Except to the extent restricted by applicable law and except where the entrant has specifically opted out, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and use of their personal data and acknowledge that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. This program is subject to change without notification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries will be void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or wellbeing of any person, or if it is determined the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address included on the Survey. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holders.
3. Winning. On or about June 30, 2018, Monsanto Company (the “Sponsor”) will conduct five random drawings to select a total of five winning entries. Winners will be notified at the contact information provided with their Survey responses on or about June 30, 2018.
4. Prize. Each winner will receive one custom-branded YETI® cooler (approximate retail value = $200) (the “Prize”). No winner will be awarded a Prize if said winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. If the Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. This promotion is not sponsored, administered or endorsed by YETI® and all trademarks are the property of their respective owner.
No person may win more than one Prize. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, are found to be ineligible, do not comply with these Official Rules or decline to accept the Prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
5. Claiming the Prize. The potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor from the remaining eligible entries. In the event that more than one prospective winner is inadvertently named, a drawing may be held among all such potential winners to select one winner. Except where prohibited by law, the winner also grants Sponsor the right to use the winner’s submission, full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said Prize and at no expense to the winner.
6. Odds. The actual odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received, but are estimated at 1 in 60.
7. Responsibility for Prize/Taxes: Each winner understands and agrees that s/he is solely responsible for the use, care and maintenance of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen Prizes. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND BY SPONSOR, AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least $600 or more. Winners must complete and submit a W-9 form to receive any Prize. The recipient should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
8. Compliance with Laws. Receipt of any Prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon the entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules and all state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER MAY (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL WINNER PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed to violate any state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
9. Hold Harmless/Release. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THOSE ENTITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT, DISTRIBUTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND EACH OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, EXPENSE, COST, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, ACTION, DEMAND, OR OTHER LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SPONSOR OR NOT, INCLUDING ALL CLAIMS OR THREATENED CLAIMS RELATING TO (A) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (B) ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; (C) PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY; OR (D) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES.
10. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Examples of reasons for termination or modification of the Sweepstakes may include (without limitation) Sponsor’s inability to reasonably or fairly conduct or administer the Sweepstakes due to business changes, viruses, malware, security breaches, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. General Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable correspondence; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (iii) any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s); or (iv) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions, rules, guidelines or policies applicable to the Sweepstakes, and agrees to abide by them.
12. Dispute Resolution. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, exclusively before a court located in Missouri having jurisdiction. The entrant and Sponsor hereby agree to WAIVE A JURY TRIAL in all actions and proceedings related to the Sweepstakes. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WestBred Seed Supplier Survey Sweepstakes” in the subject line.
15. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is the Monsanto Company, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63167.