2019 WestBred NWYC Details
2019 WESTBRED WHEAT EXCLUSIVE NWYC CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The 2019 WestBred Wheat Exclusive NWYC Contest (the “Contest”) runs concurrently with, but separately from, the National Wheat Foundation’s 2019 National Wheat Yield Contest (the “NWYC”). The Official Rules for the NWYC are located at https://yieldcontest.wheatfoundation.org (the “NWYC Rules”).
1.Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Contest Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation or award of the prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each entrant represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal U.S. residents who enter, or will enter, at least one valid entry in the NWYC using WestBred® Wheat brand seeds. To enter the NWYC, entrants must meet all eligibility criteria specified in the NWYC Rules. Employees, officers and directors, their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of Monsanto Company (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Contest are not eligible to participate. WestBred dealers are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
3. Entry. Between January 1, 2019 and August 1, 2019, complete and submit an entry form for the NWYC, available at https://yieldcontest.wheatfoundation.org pursuant to the NWYC Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for the collection, receipt or review of entries or entry materials. By entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the National Wheat Foundation is the entity responsible for the development, distribution and implementation of the NWYC, as well as the collection of all entries and the judging of such entries, and Sponsor is not involved in the development, distribution or implementation of the NWYC.
By entering the Contest, the entrant understands that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor or its respective affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, the entry, including, without limitation, the entry and entrant's names, logos and images as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
4. Winning/Judging Criteria. Any entrant who (A) places in the top five national winners of the NWYC in any of the four categories – 1) winter wheat – dryland; 2) winter wheat – irrigated; 3) spring wheat – dryland; or 4) spring wheat – irrigated (collectively, the “NWYC Categories”), or (B) who wins the High Yield - Bin Buster - Award, using WestBred Wheat brand seeds will win the National Prize (as defined below). Any entrant who places in the top three state winners of the NWYC in any of the NWYC Categories using WestBred Wheat brand seeds will win the State Prize (as defined below). Within thirty (30) days after the National Wheat Foundation announces the winners of the NWYC, Sponsor will notify any National Prize or State Prize winner that they have won the Contest.
Each entrant is eligible to win only one National Prize. National Prize winners are not eligible to receive a State Prize, unless such National Prize winner opts to accept a State Prize in lieu of a National Prize.
Decisions of the Sponsor and the National Wheat Foundation will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of a prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be reached within a reasonable time period after selection, does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept a prize, such potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
State Prize. Any entrant who places in the top three state winners of the NWYC in any of the NWYC Categories using WestBred Wheat brand seeds will win [a plaque or trophy item and apparel or other wearable item, the specifics of which will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. ARV: $50].
Grand Prize. Any entrant who places in the top five national winners of the NWYC in any of the NWYC Categories using WestBred Wheat brand seeds will win a 4-day, 3-night trip for one adult guest (at least 18 years of age) to the 2020 Commodity Classic in San Antonio, Texas. The 4-day/3-night trip includes (i) round trip coach air transportation for one person from a major airport in the U.S. nearest the guest’s home to San Antonio, Texas; and (ii) ground transfers to/from the airport and hotel while in San Antonio, Texas. All other expenses not specified herein, including accommodations, flight insurance, travel insurance, meals and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner’s guest.
All travel arrangements must be made by a travel agent designated by Sponsor and travel must take place on dates specified by Sponsor which are subject to change at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel prizes are subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $1,250. The ARV of the Grand Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
6. Claiming a Prize. Each winner and their guest will be required to complete, sign, notarize and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Receipt of any prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon the entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL WINNER PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Taxes. The winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. When required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of the winner and the value of the prize won to the Internal Revenue Service. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving a prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified.
9. Social Media. The Contest may be advertised through social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter (“Social Media”). You understand and acknowledge, however, that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Social Media platform on which it is offered or advertised, including Facebook and Twitter. You agree to adhere to all rules established by Social Media platforms. Any information you provide for the Contest is being provided to Sponsor rather than Facebook or any other Social Media platform. You fully release Facebook and all other Social Media from all claims, losses and harm that you may allege or incur relating to this Contest.
10. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, the winner may forfeit any prize won. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, the NWYC Rules, administration of this Contest or the NWYC or in the announcement of any winner(s) or prize(s). If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this Contest as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this Contest or the NWYC does not allow the proper playing of or entry into the Contest or the NWYC and the processing of entries per the NWYC Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part should a cause or event beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, fairness, proper play or conduct of the NWYC or this Contest making continuation as planned impossible. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
11.Limitations. ALL PRIZES AND THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED "AS IS" WITH NO GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. Hold Harmless/Release. BY PARTICIPATING, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE SPONSOR, PARTICIPATING SPONSORS, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENCIES FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR NWYC, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OR CAUSE OF ACTION.
13. Disputes. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in St. Louis County, Missouri having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List. To obtain a list of the Contest winners, contact Brittany Phillips at Brighton Agency at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is Monsanto Company, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
WestBred® is a registered trademark of Bayer Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Bayer Group. All rights reserved.